There I am on a Train in Paris--I really love trains. You get to see the country but still travel faster--it's great. Arriving in Paris was a lot different than arriving in London--a little thing called French. Most of the people speak at least a little English--but all the signs and everything were in French so it took us twice as long to figure out where we were going--but we did it!
Le tour de eiffel! I saw the tour from a distance when we first arrived in Paris--which was awesome--but this was my first close view. It was so unreal. It's really tall too--taller than I thought it would be.
Here I am slightly closer to the Eiffel Tower--striking a pose if you will--but not quite as cute as I had hoped :) 
Standing in front of Notre Dame! We did go inside--and it was so amazing. A little dark and dreary though--but still very beautiful.

One of the many bridges crossing the Seine River. I really loved all the amazing architecture in this city. The Seine is very beautiful and without it Paris wouldn't be so cool. This was such a beautiful Sunday. We planned to watch conference that evening at the church--but when we arrived at the church there was a sign on the door with the address to where they were meeting for conference--and it was way far away and we couldn't find it--and we were really mad--but we did try.

Oh, the Louvre, it was so incredible. I want to watch the Da Vinci code again :) Nichole and I spent 3 hours in the Louvre and could have spent a whole lot more--but we had a lot to see in so little time. We saw the Mona Lisa and a whole bunch of other famous paintings and sculptures--it was incredible. The sculptures were my favorite part though.

Alright, this was a definite highlight for me. The Paris Opera House! It's now a museum and called something else--but yeah, this is the Phantom of the Opera opera house people. We got to look into the auditorium part but didn't get to go in :( But it was still so amazing. Words just can't explain how much I enjoyed the opera house.

Arc de Triomphe was pretty awesome. There were a bunch of people from China out there too and they approached me asking for a picture with me. It was really funny to me. They just wanted a picture of me standing next to them. The same thing happend to Nichole and I at the Louvre too--Chinese people wanting pictures with us. It was so funny. Anyway, back to Arc de Triomphe, it was really great--but the best part was we went on top and got to see the whole city from up high.

This was the forever long staircase going up to the top of Arc de Triomphe--it was a great quad workout, and reminded me of my old apartment--but not quite :)
So this is a picture from on top of the Arc de Triomphe. Beautiful view!

So ofcourse I had to get a picture next to a high priced clothing store :) Nichole and I didn't even feel comfortable going inside--and we're not sure they would have even let us. It was a really high class store.

Me casually glancing up at St. Augustine. It was even drearier than Notre Dame--but strangley beautiful :)

St. Augustine in the distance--it was raining--something we've gotten used to in Scotland. No it really hasn't been that bad.

We went to a little Chinese food place (cause we had a bad experience with authentic french) and after we stepped outside the tour was all lit up and sparkling! It was so beautiful! I think it only lights up like that at the top of the hour. I really like this picture though--Paris is beautiful at night. We had planned on going to the top of the tour early Tuesday morning--but after we saw this we though it would be cool to go at night--so we went over to the tour and went up--it was raining so it wasn't as crowded. It was so amazing. We highly recommend going to the top of Arc de Triomphe in the day and the top of the Eiffel Tower at night :)

Nichole and I standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower at night! It was so cold, and it was raining--but it was soooo beautiful! Go there at night if you go--trust me. Sorry the picture is blurry--but I liked it the best.

In this picture I'm just so excited! Haha, kidding. No it was so cool seeing the Eiffel Tower at night. I'm standing right underneath it here (obviously).

No comments:
Post a Comment