Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stirling Part 2 -- Bannockburn Battlefield and Stirilng Castle

Sword Fighting at Bannockburn Battlefield--not sure if that's disrespectful or not yet. Anyway, this is where that famous battle took place that was on Braveheart--and I'm sure you know about it if you're up to date on you're European history :) But yeah, there's actually a statue of William Wallace at the monument that looks like Mel Gibson--since nobody really knew what William Wallace looked like anyway. Kinda funny really.

Rich, Me, Nichole, Tiffany, Sarah and John. This is actually on top of the William Wallace Monument still.
And.....Me. Like my smirky face? :)

And Finally: Stirling Castle. I'm standing on the edge looking at a big rock wall on the side of the castle. It's so amazing!

I thought this was a lovely view--a little more focused on the bars than the background.

This picture doesn't need much of an explanation--it's just beautiful! I was just wandering around by myself and found this little stairway on the edge of the grounds--It leads to nowhere though--unless there was a secret trap door I couldn't see--man, why didn't I think to look? Just kidding, anyway, I loved this castle!

No comments: